We’d love to be able to help everyone who needs us; unfortunately the number of requests for assistance far exceeds the money we’re able to raise. For this reason priority is given to the most urgent cases first.
Every dollar donated helps us to improve the quality of life for a child and his or her family. Regardless of the amount, your gift will be used carefully to purchase things such as expensive medicine or to provide emergency assistance to allow families to be with their children while hospitalized.
Many of the children we help are often in need of pain relieving therapy. We also consider assistance with respite for parents, where a trained caregiver or institution will provide care for a pre-determined amount of time. This gives primary caregivers a much needed break from the responsibilities of caring for a child with special needs.
While a cash gift (cheque or credit card), is the fastest way to help a child in need, it isn’t your only option. You can make provisions in your Will, purchase an insurance policy, make a monthly pledge, volunteer your time, organize a third party fundraiser or chose another similar commitment to help a child.
Please call Jane Sleep, Executive Director, Jennifer Ashleigh Children’s Charity at (905) 852-1799 Ext. 21 for more information on how you can help us help a child in need.
The Jennifer Ashleigh Children’s Charity is a provincially registered charity, BN 13942 3875 RR0001. A receipt for income tax purposes will be issued.
Here’s how a little goes a long way!
- $10.00 can provide necessary vitamins or supplements for a child;
- $25.00 can buy baby formula;
- $35.00 can provide transportation to a medical appointment;
- $60.00 can buy 3 hours of respite care;
- $75.00 can buy fresh fruits or vegetables to assist in a healthy diet for a child who has undergone chemotherapy;
- $100.00 can cover a session of speech therapy or another traditional therapy;
- $250.00 helps pay for serial casting for a child with Cerebral Palsy;
- $500.00 can help support a family’s stay near their child in the hospital;
- $1,000.00 can keep a roof over a family’s head for one more month;
Any amount, large or small, will make a difference to a family in need.
Click here to donate immediately
Please indicate any special instructions about your donation under the “Message/Instruction” box.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP…
Click here to donate your Shoppers Optimum points to JACC.
Click here to check out our Amazon “Wish List” for items you can donate towards our fundraising events!
On behalf of all of the children and their families, thank you! We could not do what we do without you.